Ft Tuthill CW Transceiver
Shown with optional Digital Dial
- DC receiver (not a superhet)
- Current Drain: Approximately 45 ma @ 12v. The addition of the
counter adds ~ 22 ma of addition current drain.
- Supply voltage range: 10.5 to 14v
- Receiver bandwidth: 700 Hz. Five pole R/C active filter provides the
selectivity, nominally 3 dB down at 1 KHz, 40 dB down at ~2 KHz, 100 dB
down at ~ 8 KHz
- 0.16 uV receiver sensitivity
- 5v pk-pk receiver detector design enables stout large signal
- Power Output ~ 5w at 12v , 760 mA
- All output harmonics less than -50 dBc
- Transmitter is set up for a straight key input
- Both RIT and XIT are provided with ~ ± 4000 Hz tuning range.
- 60 KHz tuning ranges for 15m, ~ 21.000 - 21.060 and 21.075 -
21.135 MHz, or are available using a front panel range switch.
- 30 KHz tuning ranges for 160m, ~ 1800 - 1835 and 1830 -
1865 MHz, or are available using a front panel range switch.
- Spot switch to allow setting precise TX spotting. Spotting mode is
entered via a push button. A 800 Hz blip is sent once a second to
remind the user that the rig is in the "spot" mode.
- Transmit protection - When the transmitter is left key down for more
than three seconds, the transmitter going into a "dotting" mode. The
transmitter is capable of running indefinitely in dotting mode.
- The audio output has been designed to drive headphones and have been
provided with audio compression to protect the user from sudden, large
signals when using headphones.
- A regulated 5v output has been provided for external keyer kits.
Supporting Files and Documents
Ft Tuthill 15m Assembly/Operation Manual - Part 1 (v6)
Ft Tuthill 15m Assembly/Operation Manual - Part 2 (v5)
Revised Assembly instructions for the Bail
Ft Tuthill 15m Schematic
Ft Tuthill 160 Assembly/Operation Manual - Part 1
Ft Tuthill 160 Assembly/Operation Manual - Part 2
Ft Tuthill 160 Schematic
Ft Tuthill 160 Parts Overlays
Ft Tuthill Decal Instruction Manual
Ft Tuthill Chassis Preparation Manual
160M band operating and technical reference:
160m antenna URL references:
Ordering electronically by PayPal using the buttons below.
When an order is placed through PayPal, shipping charges are automatically
calculated then a confirmation email is immediately sent by PayPal. We also
receive this same email, so please rest assured that we have logged your
order into our books. No other order confirmation will be issued. Your kit
will be shipped in 1-2 weeks after our receiving the order, unless otherwise
stated. Thanks for your support.